This course is an interactive training course via Skype with a live person. Course dates are available 365 days a year and can be scheduled whenever convenient.
Call to Schedule a Training Course Date
*A discount is available with any equipment purchase.
This Course will provide students the knowledge, understanding and hands-on training necessary to perform and properly administer a (DOT) Urine Drug Screen Collection in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation procedure rule.
This course follows the curriculum as prescribed by the Department of Transportation (DOT) , which covers the procedural requirements for urine drug collection as stated in the Federal Register (49CFR part 40 - Subpart B [40.5-40.19]).
Following completion of this course the student will be certified to properly administer a (DOT) Urine Drug Screen Collection and follow regulations for chain-of-custody, patient specimen integrity and patient confidentiality in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation procedure rule.
- Federal workplace drug testing programs
- DOT 49CFR Part 40 (Subject B 40.5-40.19)
- Types of drugs used in testing
- Responsibilities of the collector
- Collection site protocol
- Collection supplies
- Collection procedures and chain of custody form
- Medical review officer
- Steps for collection
- Shy bladder
- Direct observation collections
- Monitored collections
- Correctable and fatal flaws
- Obstacles to a urine collection
- Disclosure of records
- Proficiency in the collection of a urine specimen
- Quality control measures
- Reading results
Who Should Attend:
- Clinical and Registered Nurses & Technicians
- Safety Managers & Industrial Hygienists
- Occupational Health Nurses & Technicians
- Medical Equipment, Sales & Marketing Personnel
Each student will receive a professional student manual, and appropriate course materials.
Practical and written exams will be given during the course, and if satisfactory performance is achieved each participant will be awarded a certification certificate, re-certification, depending on the course registered.